Homemade rideable aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Sep 16, 2004.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

Well i have begun the design of my latest creation a rideable aerator. I know there are manufactures producing them now but mine will be made for a fraction of the cost. (it helps when you have access to almost every fabrication tool) I figure the spring of next year i will be able to make a killing, aerating in half the time of conventional aerators, i will be able to charge a few dollars less then the competition :cool:

2. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Why not charge the market rate? Would you reduce your mowing charge if you bought a larger mower?

3. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

let's see it!

4. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

They already have a rideable aerator....JRCO makes the Hooker aerator you can add to your zeroturn mower or walkbehind....You can aerate and mow at the same time.....when you're done just take the aeration heads off and use the zero turn or walkbehind.....I bought several products from JRCO for my 48tthp and can
    dethatch, fertilize, mow, and aerate all at the same time
    (I have the older hooker aerator that mounts to the rear of the machine)....Works great and very profitable.....Good luck on your idea though....just thoght you might want to check out the JR products tho.....

5. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I can't see where it would be all that difficult to fabricate a bracket to hold a sulky to go on the backs of some of these wb aerators. With the newre type especially, that are so easy to maneuver, such as the Classen split drive. These things would pull a stand up sulky with absolutely no effort.