Homemade Stand alone tool rack?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BeautifulBlooms, Aug 21, 2007.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any pictures of home made handtool racks they have made. I am renting a garage and cannot nail anyhting into the wall so I was thinking about building my own type of rack for my shovels, rakes, etc.

I was thinking about a 2x4 stud frame that will be 8 feet long, and 3 feet deep. Then from each corner I will go up with another 2x4 to create the height I need of 8 feet. Then I could do another frame around the top and put plywood on top of the risers and make a shelf on top for low weight things, the shelf on the bottom could be for heavier things such as gas cans or something else.

Anyone have any pictures of shelving they have made, specifically anyhting that wouldnt be secured to a wall.

2. varybarry

varybarry LawnSite Member

Why not buy a table with a built-in rack on the backside. That's what I have. I was unable to find a picture of one on the web, but I'll do my best to find one for you. I think it's made by Stanley.

3. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

I made some thing like that out of steel, 1 inch square stock. My only suggestion would be to put it on casters, so you can move it around if need be. Sorry no pics, pre digital :)

ericg likes this.