Homemade stripe kit for JD737

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, May 2, 2005.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Heres a pic of a chain striper I put on my 737 tonight, it was originally on my JD4100 when I used it with a belly mower. We'll see how it works tomorrow. It needes some adjustment for backing up off the trailer, at first it was bottoming out on the ground/getting under the drive tires, should be good to go now.

P4130001.JPG

2. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

I have 2 737's and have a homemade chain kit on one of them. Works good. I think though you need more chains and loose the bars on the ground. I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow (if I remember). Along with the awesome cut, now you can lay some nice lines! Heres one of mine...

dsc_526.jpeg

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

whats the bars on the bottom, pvc or metal?
    be sure to post pics, I need to make something for my 737,
    thanks guys, trying to figure out what will work best.

4. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree, you need more chains. And you only need to go inbetween the rear tires. I bolted mine on those holes that are pre drilled. Looks like you bolted yours on there also. Good luck.

5. BRIMOW525

Yea mine are just in between the tires. I lost my camera, so as soon as I find it, I'll take pics. I think the chains are great, but I'm thinking that rollers would do better. Dunno. I also have rubber flaps right behind the deck and they seem to work pretty good too.

6. mowtime

mowtime LawnSite Member

Hi brimow, I could not pm you a message about your striper. Send or post a picture of your setup please. thank you

7. BRIMOW525

I still can't find my camera. Email is Brimow525@msn.com

As soon as I find that bad boy, I'll post some pics. By the way, thats a golf course at the bottom of the pic.

dsc_001.jpg

8. BRIMOW525

Hey stumper, how do you like the bagging kit? I need to get one for mine. I bought the mulching kit but really don't like it. Makes a mess with just a little moisture.

9. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

works great.
    wish it was a 3 bagger, fills up fast when dethatching. I'm running it when dethathing & cleaning up leaves, using gator blades, so far I'm very happy with the job it does. with the counter weights on it don't even feel light up front when packed full and going up hill. it could easily handle a third bag.

10. JOEWOOD

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

Nice job, have you tried Checkerboarding?

Joe... :blob3: