Homemade stripeing kits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, Aug 31, 2002.

1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

:confused: WAS wondering if any of you guys made your own stipieing kit?I'M toying with some hard rubber and a piece of pvc pipe loaded with sand.Does any of you guys have anything like this on your mowers?thanks:help:

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Here is one I made:

[​IMG]

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's about the best way to do it; for a number of reasons.

4. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking ... one of those heavy steel rollers ... like they use in package shipping "roller" belt to put packages on and off the trucks, etc.
    Hang one of those behind the deck or the back of the machine with just enough slack to touch the ground, but not get caught under the tires.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That would be an idea, and sort of have it pivot and swing so it would clear objects. The only problem area that would affect that, would be in ditches where you back up onto the other side of the ditch diagonally. It might get hung up there. I also wouldn't want that baby to get hung up on something like a tree stump or drain cap.

6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like you can use about anything if it will lay the grass over and not interfere with your blades in reverse

7. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

How do you have the chains attached

8. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

the gas shocks on the pro slide would give you the up and down movement while maintaining pressure on the grass

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Attached to a steel bar which is bolted to the mower.

stripe kit 3.jpg