homemade stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 944own, Apr 2, 2011.

1. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a field I cut today with my lesco ztwo with the home made striper I made it is a piece of rubber bolted to the back of the deck. What do you think

2011-04-02 13-1.17.03.jpg

2. coreyod21

coreyod21 LawnSite Member

nice stripes. Can you take pics of your set up? Ive been curious on doing something like that for my walk behind.

3. 944own

Here is a couple of pics for ya it is basically just a piece of rubber and a piece of metal I bought at the hardware store that had holes drilled in it all the way across and just bolted it to the back of the deck.

2011-04-02 17.30.58.jpg

2011-04-02 17.30.27.jpg

4. coreyod21

coreyod21 LawnSite Member

thanks alot. Looks easy enough to fab up. Im going to do that for my walk behinds. It looks great. I see you like lesco by the way. I love 48 walk behind

5. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks great.

6. 944own

Thanks guys the lesco mowers have been great. Post pics of your walk behind when you get your kit made.

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

You need to work on using the entire deck, the return lines are like 48inches wide. Stripes look good tho.

8. 944own

I noticed that too. You got a good eye. I'm working on it I am gonna drop my kit on the lazer tonight I just mowed my yard and the stripes are soon faint.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol i used to have the same problem when i started mowing, my return lines would be like half the size of the deck. its all practice.

10. No Weeds Left Behind

No Weeds Left Behind LawnSite Member

This is an old thread but I was thinking about doing it to mine. Is it worth it in the south I'm in Mississippi and was wandering if southern grass made a difference