Homemade striping kit and stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Rll131, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Made it from napa tractor trailer mudflap.

image.jpg

2. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Only let me post one pic at a time

image.jpg

3. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

image.jpg

4. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good. Nice and simple install, less stuff to break.;)

5. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Indeed and I can still make 2 more out of the flap if it gets messed up. I'm a cheap skate haha.

6. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Looks good! My really old lazer z needs something like that. Just haven't found the time to design and build it. Great design! (I'll probably get a little lazy and do something really similar lol)

7. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good but the only problem will be on lawns that are heavy shade with thin grass. The mud flap will tend to scrape the lawn on certain spots, but pics look good.

8. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the comments. In the pics it was hitting the ground but with the deck up its about a inch off so hopefully won't scrape anyone's lawn.

9. APLUS LAWN CARE

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

Did you drill holes in your deck to install that or was there already bolt holes there? I am interested in building one but I am not crazy about drilling holes in my deck

10. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Yea I drilled the smallest holes I could do then used washers and lock nuts to hold the flap on. Didn't hurt the deck or cutting one bit. I asked the question will drilling holes hurt the deck on this site before hand and the answer was no. I'd say go for it made my stripes so much darker customers notice also.