Homemade stripper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Capemay Eagle, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I am making a stripper for my Hustler fastrak. I am going to use a bracket and chain. I am not sure how wide to make it. Should I keep it as wide as the back tires, in-between the tires or as wide as the deck?? I have a 42" deck. Any help appreciated..

2. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Usually the width between the tires is what you need. The tires make the stripes on the outsides .

3. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Why make one when you can go to a club and pick one up. Just messing with you, mine stretches to each tire and works well. I used thick gasket material and doubled it up, cost me about $ 10.00.

4. Capemay Eagle

That's what I thought. I just wanted to get another opinion first. Thanks

5. Capemay Eagle

I hit the damn spell check and ok'd it with out looking.

But on the other hand a stripper sounds good about now!!

6. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

I made on overlaping tires about an inch

7. ranger100

ranger100 LawnSite Member

Here is the stripe kit for my Fastrack. It really made a difference. It cost about $60, mostly for the chain. My yard is flat so I wasn't concerned about removing the antiscalp wheels on the back of the mower. I never put it on a trailer either. Works for me.

FTKIT1.JPG

FTKIT2.JPG

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

how big is your mower, and where did you get the rod that the nuts and chain are attached to

9. ranger100

ranger100 LawnSite Member

My mower is Hustler Fastrak 20/52. The threaded rod came from Homedepot. I think it was 3/8 in size. I cut it 30.5 inches in length. It extends 2.5 inches on each side of the mower frame. I wanted a few lengths of chain just inside the wheel line. That way I get a solid stripe. The mower striped well before, but the chain really made it more defined. Hope this helps.

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish I could make strippers, id make a dozen or 2!