Homemade weedeater racks...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by johndeeregreen, Jan 25, 2005.

1. johndeeregreen

johndeeregreen LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

Hey yall. My new project is making my own weedeater racks for my 4' trailer. I only want it to hold 2 weedeaters. The reason I started this thread is I'm having trouble coming up with a way to mount the weedeaters safely on our 1.5" square metal posts. If anyone has made their own or has a good idea please write back, thank you

griffin

2. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Go to my thread called "what ya think" and go to the last page. There you will see several racks I made with my welder. Might give you some ideas.

3. johndeeregreen

johndeeregreen LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

thanks merlin, that does give some ideas. Also do they bounce around? What I mean is are they held in tight? If so what keeps them down. Im not the best with making things, so any other info would be greatly appreciated!

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Why don't you just buy a set,trimmer has the set for 100 bucks,i bought a set of made in china racks last season for 60 they hold 3 trimmers.

5. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

This is what I did back in my semi-scrub days

Get a mapp torch and a drill and some really big eye bolts. Heat up that eye bolt until you can bend the eye. You want to bend it backwards so that it makes a kind of U shape. Mount it to your frame so that it looks kind of like a bolt sticking up with a kind of U shaped cradle on it. Your trimmer should rest nicely on 2 of these. Secure with bungee cords.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Are you talking about Trimmertrap? They now sell for about $200.00 ,for a rack that holds 3 trimmers.

7. married2dalawnman

married2dalawnman LawnSite Member
    from VA

8. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I would make a set for cheaper than that. But they are nice.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Havener Enterprises $69 for 3 trimmer holder (why do you only want a 2 trimmer holder???).

Not sure if Preco Parts still has them for $69 or not.

When they're this affordable, I can't see going through the trouble to make your own.

10. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

I made my own racks. They only hold one trimmer for each,but I like them to sit low on the trailer. I am a solo so I only need the two. I have about $16.75 in them.

TRIMMER RACK 2.jpg

TRIMMER RACK 3.jpg

TRIMMER RACK 7.jpg