1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Homemade Z on Ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmurphy, Sep 3, 2006.

1. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm... interesting!

3. guven

guven LawnSite Member

4. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Wow for the time and money spent wouldn't buying a complete unit make sense.....

Nice hobby i guess.... I admire the guys talent...

All Clear

5. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

What is the point. Just buy a rider

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I'd hate to be him though if somebody is injured on one and tries to sue Scag and Scag finds out that somebody is out there modifying and selling something that was not engineered as a rider unit and possibly putting Scag in a liability situation. Also, why would anyone buy something that has been "rigged" together to the point you likely would not be able to find off the shelf replacement parts?

7. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I am thinking of sending him my sutech stealth and turning THAT into a rider. I would pay a mint to see myself on that. :laugh:

8. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I saw that about a year ago, i guess he's been doing it for a while. i am a little scepticle of how good they are. There is probly certain stresses in a rider that a wb can't handle[for instance, casters.] They are tempting when one is 1,000$ and a real rider is 6500$ at least.

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

wow, looks like he does a nice job and knows what he is doing! looks comfortable and i like the controls on it

10. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

deck height adjustment? the fist of many questions i would have about this thing...