Homemade Z on Ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmurphy, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I think it is an excellant idea. It, no doubt, weighs 500+ less than most riders out there and shouldn't be too hard to service. It looks like there aren't very many non-factory parts on it and he probably used off the shelf linkages for the steering.

Brendan, it looks like you change the height just like you would on any other Scag walkbehind. Spacers on the caster shafts.
  2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Operator presence switch in the seat? The extra weight being placed on the deck? Makes no sense to me. Too many liability issues.
  3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

My thoughts exactly. I also wonder about cutting height adjustment. :confused: I would just buy a used or new rider.:)
  4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

fixed deck WB with your ass on top of it. yikes. I'd be scalping quite a few lawns.
  5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

My first thought as well. :confused:
  6. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

STUPID.:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :dizzy:
    Fixed deck, NO parts, NO warranty. Do I NEED to say more?:dizzy: :dizzy: :hammerhead:
  7. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

this is how dixie chopper started out. dixie...dixon. chopper....grasshopper.to all you naysayers out there,if you put down the new ideas we will never have a mower that will do it all.
  8. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

I admire the guy's efforts in putting the thing together, but I would not buy it.

Especially because the control bars are in between your legs rather than outside your legs. First of all, it would be a real pain to get off the thing, and a real big reason is when you hit say a hidden tree stump or rock, and the mower comes to a dead stop, the first area of your body to hit those bars will be your crotch area. Eeek! I don't even want to think about it!