Homeowner Stripes!

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by toddnks, Apr 14, 2006.

1. toddnks

toddnks LawnSite Member

I purchased a new 2005 Cub Cadet Z72 Tank in Febuary. I have mowed with it 3 times and am quite happy how it cuts, runs and thought I would post a couple of pictures of my stripes.

Keep in mind that these lines are about long (about 75-100 yards to the road paced off), the grasses are mixed prairie, fescue and what ever else has grown in my yard (including weeds). I do not water due to being on a well that goes dry without watering grass, and I do not fertilize due to being tight with money.

The cut was 3.5" after 1.5 weeks growth with no rain for at least 3 weeks, we have had a dry winter and the spring at the front of the yard (to the left of the telephone pole) has quit gurgling up water. I am proud and happy with the results considering how little I do (cut), what do you think?

[​IMG]

2. toddnks

toddnks LawnSite Member

More pictures, the last is my attempt at curved stripes from last time.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Pittsburgh Panther

Pittsburgh Panther LawnSite Member
    from N.W. Pa

How far off the ground is your striper? 1/4 ", 1/2" or more? I have my striper about 1/4" to 1/2" off the ground on my mower. When I first started I had about 1" and wasn't doing it as well as I would of like.That seems like a good height to cut the grass. How do you like the JD? Is it a zero turn?

4. toddnks

toddnks LawnSite Member

The Striper is about 1" off the ground, but it is a Cub not a JD. I have used a JD 70 with a 12' pto finish mower and a 430 JD lawn tractor before, but this was a Cub Cadet Tank M72.

5. Pittsburgh Panther

from N.W. Pa

how good it will look.

Good luck.

6. Pittsburgh Panther

from N.W. Pa

I cut it once at 3"(will raise to 3 1/2" next cut) and set the rollers at about 1/2 to 3/4". Nice view from you property. Do you do any fishing in the lake infront of you property?

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG

7. T.Wells

T.Wells LawnSite Member
    from PA

Hello-

Here are my stripes after my second mow of the year (2-weeks after fert/pre-M). The lawn is really starting to green up so I hope they become even better over the next few weeks.

Thanks for looking,
    T.Wells

Attached Files:

8. Jasonn B

Jasonn B LawnSite Member
    from USA

I just about a used 2006 M60 with 25 hours on it for my residential lawn here in PA. I can't get this thing to cut in a straight line, as it's very, very snesitive. Any tricks to this? Also, I'm cutting at 4" and the rear roller doesn't even hit the grass??? I need to get this thing to stripe, as grass in PA stripes great, but I can't do it with this mower.

9. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess we should make this the official "homeowner stripe thread"..

Here are a few from tonight!!

2006_0830DeniseandDave0193.jpg

2006_0830DeniseandDave0192.jpg

10. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

Sounds good to me. Here's a couple pix from tonight. My lawn is starting to show signs of summer stress due to the heat and lack of rain, but it still looks OK.

Front1-resized.jpg