Homeowner stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffyr, Jun 4, 2001.

1. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Check this out---guess the guy couldn't stripe with his mower, so he did a bad job fertilizing for stripes that last at least a month !

2. BobS

BobS LawnSite Member

...one of the newer Simplicity Lawn Tractors. They come with Striping Rollers across the full width of the deck's backside.

I own a new Regent. Stripes for sure. Shows best if you are sober. Very unforgiving otherwise.

I've seen commercial rigs with chain gangs trailing on the turf to bend the grass, but I wonder if this bruises the grass, turning if dull or even brown in hot weather?

bob (near Vancouver, WA)
  3. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Do you cut this lawn? Just stay on the white part! You might have to use 2 different mowers just for the back yard. lol
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

BobS, if you want to see the damage those chain striping kits do, click on the blinking gif below and click on lawn Pictures. :)
  5. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

This is one that I drive by.....and keep going. I did have a customer a couple years ago that did this though. I fertilized from then on after his wife saw it though.

6. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

Thats funny looking,,
    Cant help but saying it looks like the inside of a bowling alley:)
  7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Know Eric ,,,

We all know that you have a biased opinion on this subject!!! :D

J/K - Couldnt resist :)

CLARKE LawnSite Member

Got to love those drop spreders,
    What a nice job they do.:blob1:
  9. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I see they still are for sale at hardware stores. Who in their right mind would purchase one? I have seen many yards with the "drop spreader" stripes this year. There are a few yards that have yet to be mowed also!

Its fun to be critical when you are correct:)