1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Homeowner Stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Alto101, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Alto101

Alto101 LawnSite Member

While I am not a professional LCO, I do put a lot of effort into our lawn. We just moved into our house last June and had to redo the lawn that the builder put down. It was a standard crap job with rocks, bricks, and even golf balls near the surface with KY 31 seed. We had it killed and then had all the rocks removed and then hydroseeded with some quality turf type tall fescue. Later in the fall I overseeded to thicken the thin spots and will overseed again very soon.

I have a Toro 20036 mulcher and a roller that I purchased here,

This was my first attempt at striping with my new roller and am very impressed with the results. I will post more pictures later as I attempt various patterns on the lawn.

Once I get the back lawn looking better I will post pictures of that too.

After seeing some of the fantastic pictures here of professional LCO's stripes I wanted people to see that you can have great looking stripes with just standard homeowner equipment.

Thanks for reading!

P.S. I live in Southern Indiana and have about 7000 square feet of grass.

picture 1.jpg
  2. Alto101

Alto101 LawnSite Member

Here is another picture of our lawn...

picture 2.jpg
  3. Alto101

Alto101 LawnSite Member

One last picture for now......

picture 3.jpg
  4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Looks great. Nice healthy grass, nice little stripes. Good work!
  5. A.O. Inc.

A.O. Inc. LawnSite Member

Looks good. You should be very happy with the appearance with you lawn.
  6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Looks great. Where at in southern IN? I'm in Columbus. That's the greenest lawn i've seen so far this year. Looks real nice.
  7. Collegiate

Collegiate LawnSite Member

You Should Help out your Neighbor!!
    Great Looking Lawn...
  8. Alto101

Alto101 LawnSite Member

Thanks for all of the compliments. I am in New Albany Indiana which is just a few miles north of Louisville.

I applied winterizer fertilizer last fall and my lawn was one of the first to green up this spring. There are other green lawns in the subdivision but there are also some that are still very yellow from winter. I have learned so much about lawn care from this website and others on the web that I notice all the mistakes that other people are making with their lawn. My neighbor next to me, lawn isn't pictured, has Chemlawn treat their lawn and it looks like crap:p But I know that all of you realize how great Chemlawn is..... I see people mowing their lawns real short and then wonder why their lawns aren't lush. People watering a few minutes every day. People applying weed and feed every time they see a weed. Builders puting down crap grass seed without removing the construction debris. The list goes on and on as I know you know. Maybe some of them will ask me how I get my lawn looking nice and I can educate them. Maybe be a lawn care consultant:)

Thanks again for the kind words....
  9. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Definitly the best looking lawn in the neighborhood.
  10. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Looks excellent.