Homeowner walkbehind

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by degeestj, Mar 17, 2006.

1. degeestj

degeestj LawnSite Member

I have just built a house in Central Iowa and have a 1 acre lawn that is flat. Question: What size deck should I be looking at 48"?, 52"? Also what do you guys think of the lesco hydro floating deck walkbehinds, would they be a good option for me, I am hoping to spend under 5,000 for the mower, tax included. I currently have a 48" cub cadet z-force, but am looking to get a walkbehind for alittle exercise

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I think lesco and cub cadet make a walk behind similar please don't bash me you can't beat lesco on price if you break down you service will suck at lesco,as far as exersize it will walk you to death go for it.

3. northernsvc's

northernsvc's LawnSite Member

get an exmark

4. Pittsburgh Panther

Pittsburgh Panther LawnSite Member
    from N.W. Pa

I had one and thought it wasn't the greatest but my yard was not level like yours and also my lawn is larger than yours.

Agree with poster above. Buy an exmark. I bought the CT zero turn and it blows away the z-force in every way and only cost a little over $1000 more. I imagine that walk behinds are just as good. I think they have the same deck. The deck is awesome compared to the z-force. It never clogs. My z-force deck would clog all the time.

Well anyway enough of my blabering.

5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I haveto agree with you even though I'm a scag man.

6. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco is fine. Would not get the floating deck. 48 fixxed will do you fine and last a life time. Some dealers still have last years model that will run you 3600 for eletric start and the 17 Kaw. I run both Exmark and Lesco and you can not beat the bang for the buck. Then again there was a thread about a Dixie Chopper walk behind for 3200. Might be worth checking into.

7. Dixie Rob

Dixie Rob LawnSite Member

For 1 acre, and not using commercially, then a hydro sounds way overkill. Find ya a good used belt driven walk behind :)