Homeowner Wants to Buy A Zero Turn With Bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JRR7, Jul 13, 2006.

1. JRR7

JRR7 LawnSite Member

I have to mow about 3 to 4 acres twice a week. I want to buy a 60" mower with bagger and buy the best.

What do you suggest?

Exmark, Encore, Husqvarna, and Toro interest me...

I currently have a JD 455 60" Garden tractor but want to cut down my mowing time and have a better cut.

email: jrebot@yahoo.com
  2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Depends on how much money you're looking to spend. Also, depends on what type of terrain you are mowing. I've got a Kubota and a Massey Ferguson and love both. The Massey Ferguson has more power, with a 33hp diesel while the Kubota only has a 21hp diesel. Either brand would do wonders.

I'm not sure if either will accept a bagger though. Personally, I would reccommend AGAINST bagging anyway. If you're cutting twice a week, then no way should you need a bagger. All the brands you mention receive plenty of positive waves as well as equal negativity. Everyone has their preference.

If you're gonna go with a 60" Z, then don't be afraid to at least look at the 72" Z's. You'd be suprised what the extra foot does for you for time. It just depends on your lawn, and if you have areas that a deck that large won't go.
  3. Kubotaman

Kubotaman LawnSite Member

Scag's has a good bagging system for there mowers.

You may find that going to a ZTR with mulching blades you will not need to bag. also helps feed your lawn.