Homeowner ZTR, Tractor and equipment picture page

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Jul 8, 2010.

1. hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr LawnSite Senior Member

It is model SC5614 (same as 71020). It has a 20 HP Honda engine. The blower unit is an option that I added. It is the single stage blower and does a great job for me. It will expel chips 15-20 ft. They make a 2 stage blower which is also used with their leaf vac option. It provides greater suction in order to power a hose to suck leaves into the unit. Without the blower, chips are simply expelled on the ground behind the unit.

For some reason, I can't get the Bearcat website to open to provide a link directly to the chipper/shredder. But here is a link to Bearcat:

BearCat products

Here is a photo of the rear without the blower. I don't think there is a good photo from that angle on the Bearcat site.

Below the photo is a pdf of the options available. The first page has a great photo of the unit. Page 3 shows the leaf vac option.

Chipper 1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a heck of a chipper!!

3. bmac32

bmac32 LawnSite Member

Yes I just watched that then read this :laugh:

4. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

what model is that?? more pics please...

5. 71gearhead

71gearhead LawnSite Member

New 2011 Fastrak 54", 24 hp Kawasaki. Mows like the grass isn't even there, the Kawasaki engine is wonderful sounding, starting, feeling, no smoke or fumes. It stripes a yard no other mower has been able to stripe. I think this has commercial hydros on it, it feels powerful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  6. Capemay Eagle

Congrats on the machine and it is a beauty!! The Fastrak is an excellent choice, it will last you many years! Happy Mowing!

7. IS500Z

IS500Z LawnSite Member

I like the fire extinguisher on the ROPS prompted no doubt by recent events posted on this site. Just a thought, but if the engine is in flames wouldn't it be better to have the extinguisher near the front of the machine? Seems like you would have to 'go into the blaze' to get at it.

8. 71gearhead

71gearhead LawnSite Member

Well, based on my experience with same: I am looking to put out a fluffy fire like the one I had. If there's an explosion when I am sitting on it, I won't be in a condition to think about putting out an equipment fire.

So, the extinguisher is mounted on the opposite side of the motor from the carburetor and fuel system, and on the side of the mower away from the fuel tank and gas cap. Those are the places I'm most likely to have a fire start up. My thinking is if there is a fire on this motor, it will be on the opposite bar of the ROPS, and if its a flareup I will have a shot to put it out.

9. Capemay Eagle

PM sent!!!!!!

10. lowendrider

lowendrider LawnSite Member
    from AL

I bought this beast at the end of march to cut a few yards on the side as well as my yard and my parents 4 acres.

mowers 032.jpg