Homeowner ZTR, Tractor and equipment picture page

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

And allso do you walk all that?

2. marksc

marksc LawnSite Member
    from sepa

As far as the stripes go. Like I said it is about an acre mow in second gear.

3. 06LTNox

06LTNox LawnSite Member

If we didn't have the acreage to mow that we do, I would of looked at a walkbehind. But for me, doing 10 acres is a lot easier on a Z.

4. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Marksc......nice property & stripes! I cut my 2 acres of Bermuda with an Exmark TTHP with a 20hp Kawasaki. I actually have a JD 2305 with a 62" deck that doesn't give a bad cut at all. If I get lazy I've got the Exmark stand-on sulkey, but I prefer to just walk it for 2 reasons - #1..... the stand-on leaves a stripe in the grass and #2....I stopped smoking a year ago this June & I swelled up like Tim Allen in the Santa Claus movie over the winter. So I've added the mowing to my exercise regimen & so far it's worked......I've gone from being obese to just plain fat.:laugh:

5. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

You make a lot of good points Mark and the walk behind certainly does leave a nice cut with a deep stripe. I pushed the old Buntons and Toro's when I use to help my friend in who is in the business! I remember being intimidated at first when I tried a walk behind for the first time, but after two or three properties, I had it down. I remember the Toro had a T bar steering, I think that is what it was called, it was by far the most comfortable walk behind I ever used, I loved that machine. A walk behind is certainly good for lawns that a Z is just to heavy for! Defiantly an answer to getting rid of the turf tear on delicate grass! One of the reasons that most people do opt for the ZTR, is because they are trendy right now and people want to cut the yard quick, the world has gotten allot faster and people just want to get everything done yesterday! I have to say that about 90% of the people that come here for advice, pretty much have their mind made up, they just need help deciding. They have looked at a few Z riders and usually have it narrowed down to few machines.

6. marksc

marksc LawnSite Member
    from sepa

Capemay, we discussed it in this thread earlier, you really enjoyed the t-bar, out of everything that I have tried I liked it the least ( I couldn't sell it fast enough). It was one of the easiest to use but the controls where to low for me, so it really does show that you really need to demo as many as you can before you plunk down the cash. I also know a lot of people get sticker shock when they go to a Power Equipment dealer and see a walkbehind lists for $4400 for a gear drive, and a ztr is about a grand more.
    A/VGuy you have a great property and it with 2+ acres it still only takes you an hour and a half, and by walking it you really do know every square inch of your property.

7. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

My pictures want upload:confused::confused:::cry:

8. Capemay Eagle

Gotta make it smaller or maybe crop it! I have another camera that I love to use, but for some reason I have problems loading pictures from it, so I use Photobucket if I have pictures to upload from that camera. It is really simple to paste in a picture!

9. Capemay Eagle

Anything new toys guys?

10. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Funny you should ask.........:)

My old Toro Recycler as well as my old 18" Homelite chainsaw are now on permanent loan to another lawnsite member. I replaced them with a Honda HRX217 & a Sthil MS250.

[​IMG]