1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Homeowner ZTR, Tractor and equipment picture page

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Very Nice! Nothing like a Stihl saw! I remember back in the day, I had a wood stove in my last house and I had an older POS saw and finally had enough and went out and got a shinny new Stihl. All I can say is a hot knife through butter!

2. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Budda I tell you.....Budda! :)

3. Capemay Eagle

Got a Craftsman tractor today! I have been looking for a cheap 42" lawn tractor for fall clean ups and since the leaves are already falling, I finally decided to get one. I don't feel like the hassle of a bag kit for the Z and for the money, I prefer just to get another machine. I found a few machines and went out today to look and this was the perfect machine for my needs and bought it. This is a LT2000 with the automatic trans and a Briggs 18.5hp intek. I was not crazy about the Briggs Intek model engine, I don't mind Briggs engines, I am just not crazy about the Intek. However this machine has the hydrostatic automatic which I like, makes riding this thing so much easier. The machine runs really good and surprisingly left a nice cut and really picked up well with the bagger! this machine should be a real help this fall!

DSCF1837.jpg

DSCF1840.jpg

DSCF1838.jpg

4. IS500Z

IS500Z LawnSite Member

I have been waiting to see what you would decided to do regarding fall cleanup. I am trying to make the same decision regarding a bagging unit on my Ferris or just an inexpensive lawn tractor. Think I might be following your lead.

With the cut from the Craftsman I will wager the Hustler will be put up for sale soon. :laugh:

5. Capemay Eagle

Not a chance!

6. saw n mow

saw n mow LawnSite Senior Member

I had planned on trying to sell my old 2004 Bolens lawn tractor (38" deck, 6 speed, 15.5 hp Briggs) after I got my MZ, but I'm still finding that I still need to use it. I use it for rough cutting areas where I don't want to use my MZ. And if I ever need a backup mower, it cuts decent (but slooowww). For the leaves, I made a cover for the discharge to 'mulch' my leaves. Not the perfect or maybe right way to do it, but it works for me.

I did the maintenance on the Bolens on Saturday (oil change, air filter and prefilter, fuel filter and spark plug). It sure seemed to crank better afterwards...I think mostly because of the new plug.

Kevin

7. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Capemay congrats on the new toy! It's a good looking tractor!

My wife told me if I buy any more yard toys she will divorce me. I don't think she was kidding......;)

8. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

Lmao
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Capemay Eagle

Thanks! It's not a bad looking tractor. I missed out on another one identical to this one with a Kohler and from the pictures and from what the owner said it was almost new! I called him the night before and told him I would be there in the morning, but he sold it before I got there! Luckily I found this one! I would have thought he would have called me and told me he sold it, but he did not and he even shut his phone off. LOL

I also have to say my wife actually gave me $200 of this bill! I bought it on a Sunday so my bank was closed. The ATM will only give me so much on my debit on the weekends, so I could only get a few hundred out to buy it. Luckily she was kind enough to do this, or I may of lost it!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  10. Capemay Eagle

It is not even worth it to sell it as long as you have room to store it. Like you said it is a great back up and it saves some hours on your good machine for leaves and those rough places, good for towing to! I was surprised by how fast my tractor is, not as fast as the Z, but it moves along pretty good, I was just losing so much time on the turns, I am so used to zipping it around! Just cannot get that nice looking stripe pattern with a tractor either. I do have to say it was kinda fun driving a garden/lawn tractor again!