1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Homeowner ZTR, Tractor and equipment picture page

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Picked up a new cleanup tractor for the spring and fall. It is a Craftsman YT3000 with a B&S 21hp Platinum engine. Should be good for the light use it will see. So far I am loving it. It has the tight turn and is surprisingly comfy. Has a pretty nice cut on it. Hope it is a good one.

DSCF2011.jpg

DSCF2012.jpg

2. Capemay Eagle

That is a great looking mower you got there. Looks solid. Lots of luck with it. How is the cut?

3. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good!

4. Mark V

Mark V LawnSite Member

The cut is great and it really handles well on hills. It's a beast for sure and I'm very happy with it. Only thing I may do is add a suspension seat at some point.

5. antv20

antv20 LawnSite Member

Got to gets some pics but I just picked a new Gravely Proturn 152 with Kawasaki FX. absolutely love it.

6. Capemay Eagle

I got rid of my Z and went back to a tractor. I loved my Z and cannot believe I sold it, but just wanted something different. I got a brand new John Deere X300. This thing is so sweet! I am just loving this mower. The auto trans is fantastic, drives just like a car with the pedals, surprisingly very comfortable to drive. Engine is smooth as silk and plenty of power (Kawi). It steers like it has power steering. Not a fabed deck, but not a big issue for me. Cannot wait for the first cut tomorrow.

DSCF2025.jpg

DSCF2026.jpg

DSCF2027.jpg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  7. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice! I think you'll like the cut too......

8. saw n mow

saw n mow LawnSite Senior Member

Wow. Change is good. Looks like a nice tractor...but I think you might be back to a Z in the future. :)

Kevin

9. shadco

shadco LawnSite Member

I just bought this one used with 89 hours on it last weekend.

to mow 2 acres with

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Capemay Eagle

Maybe when I move and have multiple acres of treeless property, then maybe. I have got to stop with this insanity. My wife has just come to accept this insanity and her thought is, if I am happy, she if happy for me, but she still thinks I need help :hammerhead: This is like my 6th mower since 06. Most of the people on my street have a lawn service, but the ones with tractors have had the same one since before I can remember. I mean the guy I sold my lawn tractor to so I could by my first Fastrak still has it LOL Usesi it every week.

I have just come to terms that a ZTR just does not work for me. My yard is to small for what I want and need. Just to much debris and even in the summer, there are always leaves. I have been eyeing the X300 for years and the tractor is just a thing of beauty. As much as I love my ZTR's a tractor just fits my needs.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013