Homeowner ZTR, Tractor and equipment picture page

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Picked up a new cleanup tractor for the spring and fall. It is a Craftsman YT3000 with a B&S 21hp Platinum engine. Should be good for the light use it will see. So far I am loving it. It has the tight turn and is surprisingly comfy. Has a pretty nice cut on it. Hope it is a good one.

DSCF2011.jpg

DSCF2012.jpg

2. Capemay Eagle

That is a great looking mower you got there. Looks solid. Lots of luck with it. How is the cut?

3. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good!

4. Mark V

Mark V LawnSite Member

The cut is great and it really handles well on hills. It's a beast for sure and I'm very happy with it. Only thing I may do is add a suspension seat at some point.

5. antv20

antv20 LawnSite Member

Got to gets some pics but I just picked a new Gravely Proturn 152 with Kawasaki FX. absolutely love it.

6. Capemay Eagle

I got rid of my Z and went back to a tractor. I loved my Z and cannot believe I sold it, but just wanted something different. I got a brand new John Deere X300. This thing is so sweet! I am just loving this mower. The auto trans is fantastic, drives just like a car with the pedals, surprisingly very comfortable to drive. Engine is smooth as silk and plenty of power (Kawi). It steers like it has power steering. Not a fabed deck, but not a big issue for me. Cannot wait for the first cut tomorrow.

DSCF2025.jpg

DSCF2026.jpg

DSCF2027.jpg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  7. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice! I think you'll like the cut too......

8. saw n mow

saw n mow LawnSite Senior Member

Wow. Change is good. Looks like a nice tractor...but I think you might be back to a Z in the future. :)

Kevin

9. shadco

shadco LawnSite Member

I just bought this one used with 89 hours on it last weekend.

to mow 2 acres with

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Capemay Eagle

Maybe when I move and have multiple acres of treeless property, then maybe. I have got to stop with this insanity. My wife has just come to accept this insanity and her thought is, if I am happy, she if happy for me, but she still thinks I need help :hammerhead: This is like my 6th mower since 06. Most of the people on my street have a lawn service, but the ones with tractors have had the same one since before I can remember. I mean the guy I sold my lawn tractor to so I could by my first Fastrak still has it LOL Usesi it every week.

I have just come to terms that a ZTR just does not work for me. My yard is to small for what I want and need. Just to much debris and even in the summer, there are always leaves. I have been eyeing the X300 for years and the tractor is just a thing of beauty. As much as I love my ZTR's a tractor just fits my needs.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013