Homeowner ZTR, Tractor and equipment picture page

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Jul 8, 2010.

1. marksc

marksc LawnSite Member
    from sepa

My quest for the perfect walkbehind for my 1 acre over the last year.First it was the Scag sw48a, loved this machine(cut and stripped best) but the offer I couldn't refuse came along. Then came the Turf Tracer(finnicky b!@ch) couldn't get it to cut right To many systems on this to keep lined up. Next the Proline, boy I couldn't wait to get rid of this, granted I spent no time tuning for cut or comfort, I mowed with it twice my back was killing me so Bye Bye (I am 6'4). And what I have now Metro ecs with there highest lift solid foil, cut is acceptable, stripes OK and it is comfortable. Is it perfect NO!, but it is getting there I am thinking a Metro or Viking with a Kawasaki would be the best I could for my property.

scag72.JPG

proline2.JPG

exmark 91.JPG

metro done1.JPG

2. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

You did not like the pro line huh? I used one years ago and I liked it. I thought it was a great mower.

3. marksc

marksc LawnSite Member
    from sepa

Well, it has the same deck as the Metro so I am sure I could get it cut well, but the T-bar was to low even after adjustment. I would have had to adjust it back and fabricate the e-brake bracket. It would be a nice machine just not for me(it just felt like work). If I could ECS on a Scag it would be great(demoed a Pro V-not my thing). I drilled new holes in the Scag handle bars and raised them, it was heaven but the only downfall was that the deck was 6 inches to long and would not cut the gully in my back yard (had to pull out the 21" every other week).I wanted to try a Velocity deck but that is even 6 inches longer than the advantage. The Metro does well I would just prefer a kawasaki powerplant vs the Kohler single. My friend bought a Turboforce 48" gear, pistol and it is a nice machine but is 2 inches longer than the Metro. My neighbor just got a 48" bobcat hydro and while nice I cannot get the quality of cut of the Metro or Scag, but it does stripe nice and does the gully OK. I really liked my Lesco I had three years ago that I sold when I went abroad for a year, but a hydro is pretty much overkill for my property as it takes 45 min to cut and I like the ability to move it around the garage without starting it.As you can see I like to try different equipment to find ot what works best as each has it's own merit's and downfalls.

Lesco 004.jpg

4. dmaxwellh

dmaxwellh LawnSite Member

What size trailer is that?

Posted via Mobile Device

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

When I get home I'll post pics of the Project Walker I'm working on.... 1989 MS 42 GHS which replaced the 1965 Wheel horse I refurbished and sold two years ago,

the walker will be a keeper though...

6. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a nice shop, is that at your home or the office?? I would love to build a 3 car garage out back, but I don't have enough room out back, we built back and all the property is out front and to the sides.

7. Slyhuntr

Slyhuntr LawnSite Member

Not sure on the length, maybe 12', but it is 75" across on the floor, just enough for a 72" mower to fit on it.

Thank you, it is my shop at home. 30'x60'. We bought our place at a sheriff sale. 5 acres with a 2040sqft. home and the shop.

This pic was taken before we bought the place, yard was pretty overgrown.
    [​IMG]

8. MarcSmith

9. MS_SURVEYOR

MS_SURVEYOR LawnSite Bronze Member

That'll work Marc! Better than a nice start.

10. MarcSmith

well its just paint at this point... the engine is out I'm going freshen it up a bit (only 45# of compression)... light hone and some rings...

hour meter shows 7000 hours...

walker3.JPG

walker4.JPG

walker5.JPG

walker6.JPG