1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Homeowner ZTR, Tractor and equipment picture page

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats, 5 acres, very nice. I had 3 1/2 acres on my first home 20 years ago when I was a kid, no money for toys back then :laugh:.

2. dunk50

dunk50 LawnSite Member

I actually posted some of these photos over in the Hustler thread but have no way of knowing if it worked due to that being a moderated site prior to posting. I will just post a couple of my changes and if anyone wants to know further you can ask and I can e-mail or post more. Don't really know how this site works yet. Added a Tiny Tach / hour meter, a hitch ball that is removable so I can still use the hitch drop pin attachments, a 15 gallon sprayer and an Accelerator grass catcher. Simplicity= pull a pin and the hitch ball comes off, sprayer just lifts on and off as channel is made for the bumper, Accelerator is lift on and off. Does not get any easier than this!:usflag:

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

3. dunk50

dunk50 LawnSite Member

Just love the set up. Both the Hustler and the Accelerator grass catcher are first class.

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

4. mdale

mdale LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Nice setup, and very nice yard!

5. Capemay Eagle

Bump>>>>>>>>>>>>

6. golfnut7

golfnut7 LawnSite Member

What were the main reasons you went with the Accelerator grass catcher instead of the Hustler 2-bag? I know the Hustler is around $630 and not sure how well it will work on bermuda grass cut at a 2 inch height.

Thanks

7. Capemay Eagle

8. Rinker97

Rinker97 LawnSite Member

I have the Accelerator on my 36" Scag WB and really like it. Holds a bunch and still lightweight.

9. dunk50

dunk50 LawnSite Member

Golfnut7 I went with the accelerator for 3 main reasons. All proved to be right. #1 Accelerator was only $370 shipped to my door. (called the factory and got a second) could not find any damage that I would complain about!
    #2 The Accelerator is one item and easy to store, implement and use! I can't stress that enough! It is also VERY well made.
    #3 I have had many rear baggers. I have never had one that did not plug / jam up at some time or another. I really felt that the longer tube of the rear engine zero turn would be a problem. Some guys use them with the right blade and grass without many problems but the rear bagger cannot be as efficient and the Accelerator.

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Good logical reasons for going with an accelerator. Have you used a spidle-driven vac system on a zero turn with rear catchers? I find this to be better than side catchers, although accelerator arguably makes the best side catchers.