1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Homeowner ZTR, Tractor and mower discussion thread

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Apr 1, 2011.

1. IS500Z

IS500Z LawnSite Member

+1

Also given the lack of honesty of the seller I would be suspicious of the replaced transmission. Probably something cobbled together that could give you more problems down the road. Since the frame and deck were painted it might be a good idea to look those over carefully for damage as well. Maybe a good idea to pay a repair shop to look at what you have and what it might cost in total repairs.

The dishonesty of people always amazes me. How much easier life would be if people could just be honest and kind to one another.

2. saw n mow

saw n mow LawnSite Senior Member

AMEN!

Kevin

3. terceslil

terceslil LawnSite Member

Thanks for the link. I already posted there already, and was advised the following:

:( :( :(

4. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL!! He was pretty blunt, but he is right. I was thinking the same thing, but just did not have the heart to tell you! The Diesel in the fuel sounded really strange.

First things first. I would take it to a small engine shop and see if the engine is good or not. As Popeye said, they can do a compression check and tell you what you have and then go from there! If the idiot did put diesel in the fuel, the engine may still be good! It may be that the plug is fouled and diesel fuel would certainly smoke.

5. terceslil

Finally got the mower to the shop. The guy at the small engine shop shop seemed optimistic, but had no promises, of course. Should know shortly how the compression test and the leak down test goes.

6. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I am optimistic for you! I hope it works out! Maybe a little elbow grease and it will be a good machine.

7. terceslil

Update:

Good compression - 130lbs

Diesel may have caused oil ring to collapse :(

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  8. IS500Z

IS500Z LawnSite Member

Well some good news at least. Hopefully the engine can be brought back to life and with some tires and blades you may be in business.

9. Skidpad

Skidpad LawnSite Member

<nothing but crickets here lately...somebody buy a mower and post a pic!>. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a little mishap I had about a month ago!!

IMG_0427[1].jpg

IMG_0430[1].jpg

IMG_0432[1].jpg