Homeowner ZTR, Tractor and mower discussion thread

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Getting to be about that time, the mowers are all bought, now it is fall renovation time! Good time to buy or sell a mower though!

2. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Does a log splitter count? :laugh:

[​IMG]

3. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

That's alot of wood my friend!!

4. saw n mow

saw n mow LawnSite Senior Member

Sure, why not. Which splitter and what size (tonnage) did you get. I like the canopy idea over the work area.

Kevin

5. Skidpad

Skidpad LawnSite Member

Yup, that EZ-Up is a nice idea. I can't see where you live based on your profile right now, but judging from the amount of wood you have in your yard I can only assume two things:
    1: you live where winter is 9 months long

Or

2: you keep the house warm enough to walk around nekkid all winter long

:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. avguy

Kevin it's a 37 ton Northstar with a GX270 Honda engine. It is an absolute beast. I've wanted one for years & finally got the green light from Kim.
    I really didn't need quite that much splitter but I guess it was a Tool Time Tim thing..........:cool2:

Skidpad.....lol....you'd think I lived in Alaska but actually I'm right here in good ole East Tennessee. We have a fire pit in the back yard that we use quite a bit. We had several severe storms come through our area a couple months ago so there were several places around town giving the wood away if you would just come cut it up. Mostly red & white oak with just a little soft Maple that I just took to help the guy out.

Eatonpcat........I'm sort of a more is better kind of guy :laugh: In reality it will probably rot before I use it all up....:)

[​IMG]

7. saw n mow

Nice splittler indeed. Yep, a little overkill for splitting for the 'backyard fire pit' :). But hey, you never know when you'll get some +30" diameter wood to split. What saw(s) do you use?

Kevin

8. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Just added that splitter to my wish list...That is NICE!!!

9. avguy

Lol........everything I have is overkill. Much of that wood was over 30" & had to be moved with the tractor....

I have a Sthil MS250 & a MS361

[​IMG]

10. saw n mow

Yep...that's the splitter you need for that wood for sure!

I've never ran a 361...but have read lots and lots of good things about it.

Kevin