Homeowner ZTR, Tractor and mower discussion thread

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never heard of them? I did a dealer search and I was amazed at all the dealers! I cannot comment of them, but the Joystick looks pretty weird! I would really like to drive that thing and see just how it turns, I mean is it a true zero turn or does it turn like a tractor? It seems like there is a race to invent all these goofy mechanisms to drive and turn these Z's when the sticks are really the best way to drive em? I mean maybe they are more user friendly to older folks and wives and such, but to me the sticks are the most accurate and fastest way to maneuver a ZTR. Just my 2 cents I guess.

2. arbor pro

arbor pro LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Grasshopper was sold. Wondering about a gravely zt2352 ztr mower that is also for sale locally. Has a 23 hp Kohler, 52" deck, very low hours (160) and in very good condition. Would this be a good mower for a residential acreage and is $2k a good price?

3. arbor pro

from SD

Bought the gravely zt2352 for $1750. has 155hrs and a bit dirty in the pics but otherwise guy said like new condition. He bought the 60" gravely next to it. good deal?

gravely.jpg

4. nola lawn maintenance

nola lawn maintenance LawnSite Member

What an awesome thread. I'm still in the market for a ztr. Couldn't pull the trigger late last year on a Gravely compact pro 34. Just couldn't spend the money at the time. I see a lot of good things about Hustler, i will definitely give them a second look. I'm torn between a Wright stander 32" and the Gravely compact pro 34". There was some great advice on going with the best dealer, that will probably make the decision for me. Would like to here what y'all think about the Gravely and the Wright. Thanks

5. Capemay Eagle

How is the mower running?

6. Capemay Eagle

I love the Wright Stander! Most all the commercial guys around here have a Wright stander or a Sentar. Built like a tank. Have you tried one yet?

7. nola lawn maintenance

nola lawn maintenance LawnSite Member

No. I haven't tried one. How is it on your back and legs? From what i've heard they give the best cut.

8. arbor pro

from SD

mower runs great. just waiting for the grass to grow so I can mow it. couple more weeks...

9. Capemay Eagle

I don't have one, I have demoed a few back in the day. Is this for commercial use? Maybe someone that owns one can jump in here and give you some info!

10. Capemay Eagle

Where are you located? Is that South Dakota? I am going on my second cut, I gotta get out there today and service both the mowers for the season! They only sat 2 months, I don't know if I need to or not!