1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Homeowners Association Lists

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 2006Silverado, Jul 18, 2007.

1. 2006Silverado

2006Silverado LawnSite Member
    from GA

First, has anybody ever tried approaching homeowners associations to get placed in their newsletters? Or tried offering them a deal for example the more homes in their subdivision that sign up for lawn service then the homeowners can get bigger discounts on the price?
    If anybody has tried anything like this, what kind of luck did you have with it?

Second, what are the best ways to contact these associations? Somebody told me, here in GA, on the state website you could access a list of all the homeowners assoc. in GA. But I have not had any luck finding any such thing. Really haven't had much luck finding any way to get any contact info for any assoc. Anybody know any tricks to finding this info?
  2. 2006Silverado

2006Silverado LawnSite Member
    from GA

nobody? no idea???

GELAWNS LawnSite Member

We printed a flyer that was inserted into an HOA monthly newsletter oce. It cost about $250 and went to 450 homes. We got one call and picked up that account. The original plan was to do it for 3 months in a row, however we decided to use our advertising dollars another way. We already had 6 or so accounts in the area, so one of them gave us the info to contact the right person.
  4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

sometimes the HOA info is posted at the pool if there is one.
  5. LAJack

LAJack LawnSite Member

I've had luck contacting associations for *new* condo buildings. Displacing the old lawn care folks seems hard as heck, but the new ones can be had with a little legwork...