Homeowners being so RUDE

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, May 14, 2001.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I was out this past weekend tapeing flyers to mailboxes.I went into this small sub division (1street).I got to the very last house and even before i could get the flyer taped to the mail box,the homeowner came out "Dont put that s%^t on my mail box.I already have a lawn service".So i got out and walked the flyer and a business card to the man and i said"just incase you want to find another lawn service heres my card and a flyer".He said "WHAT THE F%$K DID I JUST TELL YOU?,i already have a lawn service now get the F^&k off my lawn".
    At this point I was disrespected and pissed.So i calmed down and asked who cuts this beautiful lawn?.(this lawn has weeds taller then the hedges in the flower beds)He said none of your damn business.So I snatched my card and flyer from him as i turned around I let off a huge FART. Ive never seen a person as rude as he was laugh so dam hard.
    Guess what because of my hellasious fart,I now mow his yard for $130 a month..Now he wants me to go out for a beer with him some time and do beer farts..
    What a turn out HUH???

2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

And I thought word of mouth was the best way to pick up new business.
    Congrats.

3. cst51

cst51 LawnSite Member

Sometimes you have to speak a language the customer understands!!!!

4. jjfehr

jjfehr LawnSite Member

You are an inspiration to us all! I have a few opening in my schedule and am having a hard time filling it so I just went out and did just that. I waited for mr x to answer the door, when he did I just pointed my a## towards him and farted as hard as I could, I did this at fifteen houses before I finally s#@t my pants. Thanks! results for today....No new customers and 1 pair of sh#@@y undies!
    Just kidding!

5. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

This is probally one of the funniest, and strangest threads I think I have read so far. LOL LOL LOL

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

LMAO: You win the funniest post award for today for sure. :D

7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Chad, you got a better attitude than I do. I'd have prob. told him to get lost, after that.

8. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

LMAO:D

That was hilarious!

9. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

ChadsLawn - Are you going to start developing a training program for selling your service?

Mick

10. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

Well that is a strange and different approach to getting a new client. But it looks like it was the best approach for you. :alien: