1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Homer-- Heavy Rain on its Way

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Charles, May 21, 2001.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Looked on the radar this morning and a massive amount of showeres and thunderstorms are about to cross over into alabama and points farther north and moveing east and hopefully stay strong until it reaches the coast. We got some nice showers early sunday and all day. Not exactly a drought breaker but it is a start. Right now it is foggy and misty and the grass is perking up nicely and at least it is still wet. This look like a winter type storm in intensity
  2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

charles were suppose to get rain for the next 2 days over 2 inches in all, i hope we get it and it passes down south for all you southern boys that need it wrst than we due up here.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

We had 3 big storms hit since yesterday at 3 pm. I love rain!:D
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Raining here today and we have a chance of rain for the next 4 days here. The grass is growing about 1" a day here already, so I wish some I could send it to you guys that need it real bad. :)
  5. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

We saw enough rain last year to last us for a decade. I'd rather skip areas that are too dry than have to double and triple cut, then scrape and blow every lawn like last summer. It's a holiday up here today (Victoria Day) and we were hoping to get our commercial properties done since they're closed for the day. Got hammered with rain at 11:00 and it hasn't stopped since. We're supposedly going to have showers over the next three days too.

It's true that some lawns were looking pretty droughty but I could do without 4 days straight of rain. We've gotta be in the most weather-dependent business there is, except for farmers.
  6. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Got 1.5" Sat night and expecting a strong band to come through tonight. We need every drop we can get.
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I hope your righter than the weather guessers. What we got Saturday and Sunday has amazingly greened things up considerably but as you said..........ain't no drought buster. Still banned from watering outside in the city limits, with more on the way we should get busy real quick.

Business is not booming but it is picking up some. Have new accounts lined up for the next 3 days, gonna make decent money on the first cut for each one. Read new post!