1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

homer's holy water

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, May 16, 2001.

1. i think that i need some of homer's holy water here. today we were workin on a lawn renovation and it looked like rain, cold, windy, dark. no rain. saturday, put down food (urea) lookin like we would get dumped on - trickle for about 5 minutes. monday rained for about 5 minutes and that was it. no good. no rain in 4 weeks now. people are complainining about no improvement from pesticides / food. they will pay. however i need some of homer's holy water.
    homer- if you are reading this i am not very much into religion. however if you could please say a prayer for us new yorker's i would really appreciate it.
  2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

How bout prayer for those that aren't much into religion? There WILL come a day when rain isn't all that important. Just like the day you were born and the day you die isn't important, it's what happened in between!

Homer ain't no Saint for sure, but the summers down here are rough enough...........don't want to feel the real deal so I try my best while I'm here.

I agree though.......we all need a little rain from time to time.
  3. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Extremely well said, Homer. :angel: or :angry: choose wisely because tomorrow may be your last.
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

same here in jersey, no rain. lawns r looking real bad, and losing more plants than usual on our landscaping jobs. the sprinkler helps but nothing replaces rainwater. last year we lost 3 shrubs all season, this year already 5. ill be doing my rain dance