Homesteader Trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Mar 15, 2003.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I saw a 8 x 16 Homesteader today that looked good and matched my truck pretty good. I'm planning on taking one mower off and just running with 2 so I don't need the extra 8' behind me. Is anybody running these and if so how do they hold up. The one I saw was not nearly as well built as the Wells Cargo and a couple of fasteners were already broken on the handles for the ramp door:rolleyes:

Don't want to make a snap decision but it sure did look good with the red paint, chrome wheels, and the aluminum:cry:

Let me know if you have one!
  2. CHAN

CHAN LawnSite Member
    from AL.

Hey Homer
    Where did you see it at Homer.
    They sell them over at Ray Deans on 84
    How much you want for your 24
  3. HOMER

That's where it was.......that purty red one by the fence.

It was so purty.

PM me about mine, I don't want to break any rules.:eek:
  4. GCS LawnService

GCS LawnService LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 2003 Horton Hauler 7X16, V-Nose, 12' on center floor supports, 5000 lb. axles w/brakes on both, heavy duty ramp door, 3/4' plywood on walls, electric jack, 4 dome lights, aluminum wheels, radial tires, spare tire & wheel and side door. I just installed commercial tile on the floor and it is a bright green and yellow in a checkerboard pattern. I'll have approximately $7000.00 in the enclosed trailer when all the racks are in place.

I think there is a dealer in Alabama but if not contact Monty Sides @ (931) 967-4513 or

"Nothing Runs Like A Deere"

5. HOMER

Well...............I went back and looked at this trailer again. Dealer didn't want to play ball and that's fine with me. What I have ( Wells Cargo ) is by far a better trailer than that Homesteader. This thing is literally falling apart sitting there on the lot. Screws popping loose, duck tape holding the wiring in place, aluminum side panels cut with a jig saw and were left jagged.........poor workmanship is an understatement. It looks better from the road and not behind my truck.
  6. GCS LawnService

GCS LawnService LawnSite Member

How much were they asking for the Homesteader Trailer? There is a new LCO starting here and asked me about other enclosed trailers besides the one I bought. I hate to support the local competition but he has been a friend for a long time and does not intend on treading on my turf. Just trying to help a brother out.

"Nothing Runs Like A Deere" :blob2:
  7. HOMER

They were asking $4800.00 for this one. I tried ( until the second inspection ) to get him to trade with me on my 24' er. All he wanted to give me was $3500.00 and that was about $1300.00 shy of where I wanted to be:D
    I offered to trade him straight across---title for title. If you go to you can probably see the one I'm referring too.