1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

homey STILL aint payin, plus......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 22, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ok, u guys read my thread titled "homey dont pay that". well, homey is goin to court with me in a few weeks, but in the meantime, dig this: homey is located next door to another one of my customers. today, while cutting the nieghbor, another neighbor came over and inquired about service. homey just happened to pull in his driveway and see me talkin to neighbor. when i got done, i had a new customer. i went back to my mowing. homey went over and talked to customer. 5 min later, new customer came walking over, he said he changed his mind. apparently, homey was bad mouthin me, and cost me the job. so i advised him that homey is a piece of malarky, and dont pay his bills. then, i told the guy to give me back my business card, he is not worth the nickle it cost me to have it printed. do u believe this cr*p. homey beats me out of money, and then proceeds to cost me business.
  2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Not only should you sue him for the money he owes you. You should sue him for your loss of bussiness

Just my input and not hard to prove:blob2:
  3. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like slander to me. Nail the -------. When you get done you'll be living in his house and having him mow your lawn.
  4. bobbygedd

from NJ

ok, but first i need the nieghbor to admit hes talkin stuff about me
  5. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Awe man Bobby.

You have no proof. And it would your word against his. And the new ex customer can say he never talked with you. Though I think that was cheap of that guy to hire you and then fire you. He can't make up his own mind. He needs the low life to make his decisions.

Have you spoken with the account that you do?

You may want to talk to them about the incident. And play it up that your going into this full time, yadda, yadda, yadda and see if they can talk with the new ex customer and maybe they go with the original decision.
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Write it off bobby. Of course homey bad-mouthed you. But how can you prove it and what is it worth? Move on and continue to providing high quality work...that will speak for itself more than just words.

My 2 cents FWIW...BTW, good luck in court.
  7. bobbygedd

from NJ

thanx, ill let u know what happens. the clerk told me, this happens alot, and his dumbest mistake was, itemising on the check, what the payment was for, which in her opinion, proved that the work WAS completed. the check was dated, 8-1-03. the itmised work was for june, and early july i think
  8. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

So if the new cust. is willing to listen to that A--H--e, he might be just like him, and who want to have another customer like that???

No loss.......
  9. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby if he is going around bad mouthing you. Sue him for "Defimation of character" . I will be seeing a silly women in court in two weeks for the same reasons. She wasn't paying (4 out standing invoices) and was making out like it was my problem that her lawns wern't cut. I mean I was being the nice guy because I cut 3 times for her arfter the first bill wasn't paid because she was waiting for some cash to come through (trusted her because she was driving a new 7 series Beemer). Anyway a couple of annoyed words were said and the next thing I know is I am lossing accounts because this cows making crap up about me. Talked to my solicitor and he told me I have got a very good case to sue for defermation of charater and experianced losses.
    Now I heard that she is in heaps of debt with a lot of people. So she will be trading the 7 series for a Datsun Stanza in a couple of weeks. HA HA
  10. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Its called defimation of character ( i think - close to that ) and yes if you subpena homeys neighbor, than he must tell the truth about homey.

Kno' what m' sayin' yo' ??