Honda 21 hp push mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DJ'sLawnCareSvc, Nov 10, 2009.

1. See i think that people might have misunderstood what i was saying. I only have maybe 2 yards outta 50, plus mine that i use the pusher on. I didnt see economical sense in spending 1200 for what i needed it for. NOW, if i had 10+ yards that i had to push mow, i wouldnt even bother with a push mower, i would just go get a 36" exmark ztr, i am quite sure that the exmark 26" walkbehind would be a better business choice with someone that has a large amount of gated yards..... and i would def drop that dime on it or a 36" ztr. I know that the exmark is faster, wider, and COMMERCIAL, but that all comes at a price. Moreso, for 150.00, what i got was a deal. It literally looked 3 months old. Its got a nice thick deck, goes pretty fast, got great power, bags and cuts nice. I appreciate the insight

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I think you got a good deal. And not having a need for a expensive 21 is what I was saying in my thread. Some guys go out and by a Honda that they may use 42 time a year. They buy it saying well it is going to last. Well yes if I was mowing my own lawn with it, or had a bunch of accounts that God forbid I had to push mow, then I may buy the more expensive mower. However the reality of it is, I have one property that has maybe 500 sq ft of turf that I use it on. Every other property I can get with my ZT and trim. So for ME it just does not got spend that kind of money and watch it sit. There is a time value to money and it appears a lot of LCO's do not understand that. Otherwise most LCOs would have Wal-Mart specials loaded on the trailer, instead of more expensive name brands.
    But yes you got a great deal and yes I am sure you will be happy with it since you are using it on your personal property.