honda 4-stroke trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ffemt1271, May 8, 2003.

1. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

has anyone used the honda 4-stroke trimmers? how do they perform over the 2 strokes?

2. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't used the 2 stroke, but the 4 stroke is real nice. It doesn't run as high of RPMs as the 2 stroke, but it has more torque. 4 stroke is much better for the environment, I don't know if that matters to you or not!!! I really like my trimmer so far.

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

yes i care about the environment--we all should--especially in this business. I just bought all new shindaiwa equipment but was curious to see how the honda 4 stroke stuff was working. never know might have to get one tomorrow or something.

4. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

I personally use the Honda trimmer, and love it. Starts on one pull and is really smooth. Plus runs on gas, no mix. Lighter than Honda's of the past and retails less than any of the other brands that are four stroke. Happy with mine.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how much of a weight difference is it compared to the 2-stroke?

6. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I bought a honda last summer and it ended up sitting all summer and starting out to sit all this summer, it is heavy!! Compared to my echos, it is heavy. It is smooth running, quieter and starts easy, but, my opinion, not enough rpm's.

7. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I'm with Mowing Freak on this one, mine is too heavy so it doesn't get used too much.

Ray

8. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

within 2 pounds of various models. Within 1/2 pound of various 4 stroke models.

9. bluebeard

bluebeard LawnSite Member
    from ny

I recently purchased the new 25cc 4 stroke Honda, it's really nice. Last years model is different from this years model. It was heavier but has since been changed this year. They also did some minor changing of the engine case so it doesn't get hung up on brush, so say's the manual. Go demo one at the dealer, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. By the way, it weighs approximately 11.6 pounds. That weight is on par with 2 stroke motors.

10. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

My echos (srm260) weigh 10lbs, my honda 18lbs!! Big difference when holding it for more than 10-15 mins.