Honda 48' wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by True Harbor, Mar 30, 2006.

1. True Harbor

True Harbor LawnSite Member

Does anyone know anything about this unit. I hear the 21' mowers are great but what about the 48' walk behind. Thanks for the help.

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I know that they stopped making them a few years ago, but that's about as far as my understanding of Honda mowers goes.

3. LegienzaLandscaping

LegienzaLandscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have one and Im happy with it. This year will be the second year I am using it, last year it proved to be reliable. This is only my second year in business and have never used a different mower so I cant really compare it, but quality is good, and the honda motors are excellent. If you should need any parts they have to be ordered, and are $$$, but I wouldnt plan on breaking too much. I also picked up the 38" snowblower attachment, and the grass bagger. The bagger was a good investment, but the blower sucks, it wasnt meant to be a snowblower, dont get me wrong the thing kicks a$$ but it also weighs 5 hundred something pounds (seriously) and is a lot of work just to manuever it. Hope this helps.

4. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I've had a Honda 60" walk behind hydro for about five years and it's been great. I don't use it commercially but I do mow about 3 acres with it. I built a ride-on sulky for it. :walking: