1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Honda 48 WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark Lawncare, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Mark Lawncare

Mark Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have a honda 48" WB hydraulic and was wondering if anyone had any experiance adjusting the stering on this machine. any other generel info about it could help also. There doesn't seem to be much info around about the larger honda models. I do have a manual but when I do what it says the stering still comes out of adjustmen. I don't have much experiance with other kinds of commercial mowers but from what I can tell Honda made a great WB. Does anyone know why they don't make it anymore?
  2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have several 52 inch honda hydros...I can't remember exactly how to adjust the stearing becuase I really haven't had a problem with it. As far as Honda not making them anymore, my dealer told me there just wasn't enough response with their larger commercial mowers so they are concentrating more on the smaller ones.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Why the don't make them anymore? Because they sucked at it. Small mowers and motors is their game. Midsize mowers they never put their full ability in them. They thought that by putting their name on them they would just make money hand over fist by name alone. When people bought them and found out then that was a different story. I'm not saying this from inexperience. I bought a 2000 Honda 36" gear drive new. Sold it that same year. From that point, I went with eXmark and have been happy ever since.