Honda Commercial mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcat175, Nov 8, 2006.

1. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend (homeowner) looking at a 2000 60" Honda hydro walk behind with an 18hp honda engine. I didn't even know that they made a 60". Anybody ever use one or have any comments?

2. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have had one for about six years and it is a great mower. Haven't had any problems. It cuts great and is very easy to handle (I'm a very senior citizen). I bought a Ferris 1000Z 48" this year but kept, and still like, my Honda. Since I haven't needed any parts I don't know how well Honda is supporting these mowers since they dropped their commercial line.

3. bobcat175

Any specs on the pumps? They look a little small. Also any flexing with the frame? Doesn't look that sturdy.

honda.jpg

4. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I don't have any specs on the pumps but the frame and entire unit is built like a tank. Seeing your picture reminds me to say that the majority of the time I've used a sit on sulky that I built for it with no problems.

5. bobcat175

thanks - any issues with the pulleys/spindles? Also do you know why they dropped the commercial line?

6. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I haven't had any issues with the machine since I purchased it new. I don't know why they dropped the line. My speculation is that, like most of their equipment, it's was expensive and people weren't willing to pay the price.