1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Honda Commercial WB Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by heyfishguy, Jul 1, 2005.

1. heyfishguy

heyfishguy LawnSite Member

What do you guys think of 21" honda commercial wb mowers?
  2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to maintain a fleet of about 26 of them.. They are a reliable, solid machine that cuts pretty and bags well.

However, the parts on them can be outta sight :help: payup . And the biggy for me is that they don't really mulch too good..

Those reasons plus the weight of them, are the reasons I'm a Toro Proline/ Exmark Metro 21 guy..
  3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

The new Honda mulches very well and is a few lbs. lighter. The parts are not any worse priced than the Toro, some even cheaper! If you are paying alot for parts on the Honda then your dealer is marking it up ALOT!
  4. walter2

walter2 LawnSite Member

i have used all of them and love my comm. lawn boy bag mulch great mower for around $600 but mine is going to be 12 soon with NO downtime! :)
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you are gong to bag you can't go wrong with the Honda. I haven't needed many parts and we are heavy commericial.
    I also like the Snapper commericial, it is lighter and a better trim mower.
  6. zmowing

zmowing LawnSite Member
    from York,PA

Honda com. mower great very heavy to lift. one strong mower. you'll pay 1100.00 plus payup
  7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Love my honda. Quiet, uses little fuel, power, good cut, bags excelent, mulches ok, change oil put fuel in and go. I love it but it is heavy. Never had a problem other than changing oil and puting fuel in it.