Honda drain plug size

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JSMLAWNCARE, Jan 29, 2007.

1. JSMLAWNCARE

JSMLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of using a hydraulic hose as a drain hose for all of my Honda small engines. I don't think it is a standard size, 3/8", like a B&S. If any body knows the size of the drain plug, please let me know.

Thanks

Jim

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Metric! Pull the plug and take it to a hardware store and match up a bolt for size and thread pitch. I don't have access to an engine specs so I really don't have a clue other than it will be metric. Probably between 10 and 16 mm.

Dutch

3. JSMLAWNCARE

JSMLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

It's a 12mm 1.5 thread. Now I need to find out if I can get a hose fitting to fit this.

Thanks,

Jim

4. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

You might check with a Kaw dealer. Some Kaws on some equipment came with a twist-pull(open), push-twist(off) oil drain valve to facilitate less messy oil changes on their equipment. Rotary carries the same device for Briggs but not for other manufacturers.

Dutch

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You can go to any Kohler dealer and purchase part # 63 755 10-S which will be a adapter from 12mm 1.5 thread to 3/8" pipe thread. Then go with your hose or Kohler has that also in three different lengths.