Honda FG100 - Mini-Tillers

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by kdlklm, Apr 20, 2004.

1. kdlklm

kdlklm LawnSite Member
    from Canada

I own a Honda FG100 - Mini-Tillers. I love it for doing tilling in tight areas. My question is has anyone used the lawn dethatcher attachment, and what do you think of it.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't own any attachments for mine, but I would think it would be WAY to slow on a lawn.

3. kdlklm

kdlklm LawnSite Member
    from Canada

I don't think it would compare to the speed of a commercial machine. But it does have a pretty good rotation speed.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If you have patience and not a big area, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

5. jojo_m

jojo_m LawnSite Member

I just got one of those attachments and used it last week on my 10,000 sqft. lawn. I was pleasantly suprised at the job it did. Its more of a power rake than a typical de-thatcher which is what I was looking for because the lawn was is in good shape. The thing pulls you along at good pace. You will have to lean back to prevent it from going to fast. I got a pile of thatch, pine needles, pine cones - etc about half the size of a mini-van - this from a very healthy looking decent lawn.

6. kdlklm

kdlklm LawnSite Member
    from Canada

how long did it takes you to do your 10,000 square foot lawn. I am just wondering because my lawn is about 100,000 square feet.

7. jojo_m

jojo_m LawnSite Member

It took me a couple of hours to detatch and a couple more to rake it up. You could go over the thatch with a mower or vac but I decided to rake due to pine cones and moss. For 100,000 sqft. I might consider a rental. The Honda foot print is only 15".

8. jojo_m

jojo_m LawnSite Member

I also should add that it did a very decent job of power raking and if you want to spend the time it will pick up alot of debris. I would not use something like this commercially but for one yard its a nice little attachment in the arsenal.