1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Honda Filters

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rharper, Nov 17, 2005.

1. rharper

rharper LawnSite Member

I have a Fastrak 52/20 Honda and am getting ready to winterize it. I have changed the oil and put on new blades but was wondering about the air and fuel filters. How often should they be changed or cleaned. Also how do you access the fuel filter?
    Does K&N make an air filter for the Honda 20?

Any other tips for winterizing? One fule tank is empty and the oterh has just enough to start and move the mower around a little in case it needs to be moved.

2. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

I am just going to shut the valve on the gas supply and run it out of gas. but I think I will have one more cut left here in NC. I know I will have ton's of leaves to mulch.

3. MSS

MSS LawnSite Member

you might want to put in fuel stabilizer, i have had much better sucess with full fuel tanks than empty ones(condensation)
  4. JMB

JMB LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I agree, a dry carb can be worse than bad fuel. Drain the tank and add fuel with a stabilizer like pri-g and then run the engine for a few minutes.
  5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

As stated above, put fuel stabilizer in your gas and run the unit to get it in your fuel system.
    As far as filters go, depending on hours on the unit and the conditions your running the unit in, I would suggest replacing the fuel and air filters once a season if not more.
    The fuel filter is in line with the fuel line, next to the engine, it is very easy to access and change.
    Not sure on the K&N filter part, you would have to check with them.