Honda GX160

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by brendleboxer, Aug 17, 2005.

1. brendleboxer

brendleboxer LawnSite Member

Got a barstool racer with a 5 HP GX160 on it. Just got done putting new head on it. ( tossed a push-rod) What are the valves supposed to be spaced at between valve and racker arm? Right now they are at .005. Also it does not seem to have any power now. All i have is the owners manual and it does not tell me much. Is there a site i can go to so i can look things of this nature up?

Thanks,

Robert

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

They should be .006 intake and .008 exhaust at TDC, Don't know about a site for this info. I never looked around for one.

3. Ironmower

Ironmower LawnSite Member

All the years I've worked on them, Honda never was really good at putting out service manuals that were actually usable.

4. SER

SER LawnSite Member

I just did this this week end. Exhaust valve is .004 and intake is .002. Try that. It should give you the results you are looking for. Let me know how it works out for you.
    S.E.R.

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I guess one can set valves to any spec. they want, But the spec's. I posted is right out of the dealers service manual.

6. SER

SER LawnSite Member

I could be wrong. I dont mind admitting it. If I am, someone tell me the correct settings please.
    Thanks
    S.E.R.

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The correct settings are posted in the second post.