Honda GX390 problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cariboulou, Mar 30, 2005.

1. cariboulou

cariboulou LawnSite Member

tried to start my pressure washer w/ honda 13 hp but just cant! Drained old gas and refilled with new. Drained float bowl, cleaned black tip of jet or whatever its called, took out brass valve seat with tiny hole in center and blew out with compressed air slowly. Re installed everything and when I pull and pull...I'll get it to pop with full choke but nothing with half or no choke. At full choke itll run for a few sec then out. Its got oil, and spark or it wouldnt pop at all, Im assuming the shut off switch works too since it pops and runs for a few secs with gas poured in the air cleaner. After an hour of pulls, I noticed oil in the air cleaner housing from the pipe that comes out of the valve cover. Is this normal..? the washer has been sitting for a year and I just cant figure it out.

2. rockytopp

rockytopp LawnSite Member

well you was headed in the right direction, now just finish it.. the Carb is plugged with old varnish,dirt or any number of the same. It needs a very in depth cleaning, and a new kit installed will solve your problem. I use stabil in all of my gas year a round to help prevent this and then it still give fits once in the while. good luck.

3. cariboulou

any ideas on what should I use to clean the bolw, float, needel w black tip, seat and etc? New gas and a toothbrush or acetone or other? Appreciate any help. Is using compressed air bad? I want to blow out all orfices that carry fuel to carb but dont want to ruin anything.

4. cariboulou

yep you were right, the seat was gummed up by old gas and when I used a wire from a brush to dislodge it...started up just like it should! Taught me a lesson...drain gas from float bowl before storing even for a month from now on! Appreciate the info. :D