Honda GXV engine replacement??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cleve, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

Well, I have always bragged about how good my Honda 21" wb mowers are. Finally had one of the engines (about 10 yrs.old) fail. Believe is something really bad inside (crankshaft, etc.).
    Seems that none of the major catalogs list an engine for this mower. All the Honda engines say "not for Honda mowers". Guess is because of the side shaft that drives the transmission.
    Has anyone else replaced one of these engines? Will I have to go to my local dealer for this? The way they charge for other parts I hate to ask about an engine.
    The rest of the mower seems to be in such good condition along with having the hydrostatic drive that I would like to replace the engine rather than junk it.
    Thanks in advance, Cleve.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

There is a place in Northern Indiana called Roy Pagett that sells engines of all kinds and at a good price. I used to have the URL, but now I can not find it. Does anyone have this url? I have searched for it, but come up with nothing.

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Thanks John, I will book mark it now. ;)

5. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

Thanks, that is a good web site.
    Looks like I'm going to have to contact them to see if they have anything. Their site doesn't carry the vertical shaft engines from Honda. At least not the one I'm looking for.
    I did visit some of the links shown on their site and there are some good ones. Could spend all day surfing on those.
    Cleve.

6. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks,

Great prices.

Bedros