Honda Harmony Mini Tiller Bad Tranny

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by clyde, Dec 4, 2006.

1. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

Hi i am looking for a resource on line or where ever to buy a new tranny cheap. This thing is 8yrs old the engine runs great but, the tranny is 115.0 at local shop if i buy it and put it on. I am like for 60.00 more i can get a new Ryobi Mini tiller for 165.00 and it has a warranty. I love my Honda 4 stroke, and would love to get it back going if its possible for a reasonable amount. If anyone has one of these sitting around let me know the Big sprocket on mine is stripped. OR if there is a place that sales these parts online cheap let me know.

Thanks

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, but how much can you get a real mini tiller for? You cant compare the price of a Honda tiller to some Ryobi junk.

3. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

try Hoffco... all the parts you need.

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

No no pugs.. let him throw in the extra $60 and buy the new Ryobi (with warranty.. ha ha). He can always take it back to the Depot when he finds out first time he uses it that it is not even 1/4 the machine that the Honda was. Thank goodness for.

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

True, if its an older one try a Hoffco dealer if you can find one. Thats who made most of the tiller part of the machine for honda.

However the newer ones are all honda.

6. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

8 yrs old... old one eh? Thats why I suggested Hoffco.

7. sledcity

sledcity LawnSite Member