Honda HHT225S 4 stroke trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by troberts, May 28, 2004.

1. troberts

troberts LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

What does everyone think of the Honda HHT25S 4 stroke string trimmer?

It's one that use regular gas rather than a gas/oil mix. I saw one today for $349. It ran well, and no gas/oil mix.

I was wondering what you all thought of them.

Thanks,

TMR

2. troberts

troberts LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Anyone got any input on these?

Thanks,

TMR

3. TGramstorff

TGramstorff LawnSite Member

I have not used this yet. The drawback i see to using a 4 stroke machine is that it is not as good to tip on its side to do edges of streets, driveways, sidewalks etc. where the 2 stroke is fine. I would think this would be good if it will not be tipped on its side at all. I would also think you would get more power, so it would be better if u need to do any brush clearing. For now i'm happy with the 2 stroke though.

4. Luscious Lawns

Luscious Lawns LawnSite Member

I have the new Stihl 4 Mix. It is a 4 cycle but it lubes lika a 2 cycle (with the gas) The advantage to this is it is not a problem to turn the engine on it's side. It starts easly and has lots of torque. It is great for brush. But the thing I like is it does not give you the "buzzing" feeling in your hands after running it for an hour or two. Honda makes a great trim mower and I'll bet they make a great string trimmer.

5. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

I just bought the HTT25S two days ago, and so far I love it. It's my first 4-cylce so I was a litte worried at first but it compares very well with my Echo SRM 260S trimmers.

It is a little heavier, two pounds I believe. But it has lots of torque and runs extremely quiet. Two pounds doesn't sound like a lot, but if you run the Honda for a few hours and then switch to your old trimmer, you will really feel a difference.

The only negative for me was that it is not an automatic feed head. Meaning you can't just tap it on the ground to feed out more string.