Honda HHT35S 4-stroke trimmer??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FOX8701, Feb 21, 2010.

1. FOX8701

FOX8701 LawnSite Member

2. Diamond Dave

Diamond Dave LawnSite Member

Pretty good price, never run a 35 but we run 25's. They have there pluses and minuses but overall a decent unit.

3. FOX8701

FOX8701 LawnSite Member

the 4 stroke engine has decent power opposed to a decent echo 2-stroke? comparable power?

anything to look out for with your 25? problems? how's line feeding?

4. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Too heavy at 14.8 lbs for me.

5. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

It is super good price. It normal runs for $379. I have the HHT31SUNBA. It is very heavy and it is only cable drive. My biggest gribe is it does not have option of changing heads or put attachments.

On the up side, it is powerful. Honda engine is know to be very good. It is very very quiet and very smooth. The first time I use my M242 Shindy trimmer, I thought something wrong because it vibrate so much compare to the Honda.

If you think you need a dedicated trimmer, and if you are strong:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter: and you need the super power, then go for it.

6. Diamond Dave

They are heavy, and the stock heads suck. They don't seem to last very long and if you get any debris in them they are hard to line up to put on or off. I am going to try the Oregon speed feed heads next time. On the plus side the trimmers are very quiet, reasonably powerful, and will run FOREVER on a tank of gas.

7. Diamond Dave

Not sure what you mean here? Have run a brushcutter blade on one and have used other line heads as long as the arbor is the same. I don't think you can run a hedge trimmer head or edger like some other brands though.

8. Alan0354

You can only have the string trimmer and circular blade. Other brands can actually remove the gear head and put on a hedge trimmer attachment, power brush like Shindaiwa. Stihl have a whole slew of heads you can change. Honda is not well supported.

Also I had bad experience with Honda warranty. My trimmer bog after 8 months. The dealer insisted it was old gas which I wasn't. Long story short, Honda deny warranty, I paid half the cost and had a new carb. Still don't worked well. Luckily I took my old carb back. I opened the carb, fould a lot of metal fragments inside and one block the jet. I used compress air ( computer duster) blowed it out, clean and put it back together. Put the carb on the trimmer and work perfectly after that.

I needed a big trimmer and brush cutter those days. If I were to do it again, I would get the Stihl FS250. That supposed to last forever and they are going to discontinue that very soon. Might become a collector's item.

9. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

The only explanation I can come up with for you having
    metal fragments in your carburetor is the fragments
    went in with the fuel. I'd suggest you never shop at
    that gas station again. :D

10. Alan0354

No, I use it for every other piece of equipment. It won't pass through the filter anyway. You are talking about quite a sizable one that can block the jet. The trimmer have more power since.