Honda HR214

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by foamstacker, Aug 6, 2006.

1. foamstacker

foamstacker LawnSite Member

I have a Honda HR214. After washing under the deck the
    blades will not dis-engage. The mower will start if the blade
    control is held down. When you release the lever, the engine
    stalls. Does anyone know what is causing the problem.

Thank you

2. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to Lawnsite:) Do you always wash out under the deck of this unit?
    If I remember right they have a manual blade clutch and if you wash them out but do not spray them with some kind of lube they will rust and lockup. Depending on how old your mower is you may need to have it replaced. Hope this helps:)

3. foamstacker

foamstacker LawnSite Member

Are there on-line schematics that show the clutches and the procedure for changing them.

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

5. Restrorob

Oh.....forgot..... [​IMG]

6. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

After you wash, give it a spray of Fluid Film. That lanolin base is going to keep lubricating, and with no solvent content it won't get gummy or sticky. Fluid Film stops corrosion from salts, fertilizers, pesticides and will also help keep grass from clumping because it remains super slick. The more you use it, the better it works.

7. Restrorob

And Now.....Back To Your Previously Viewed Program.....​

Sorry Dano, Couldn't resist. :hammerhead:

I got my free sample a couple months ago and found it does work better than the other brand penetrating lubes I've tried.
    Thanks !

8. Dano50

It is now time for another commercial break: :)

I am going to beat Fluid Film into your brains. :hammerhead:

Hey, it's what they pay me for, plus I love this site and these forums.

So, for some more Fluid Film applications,

Spray Fluid Film on your pooper scooper to keep dog poop from sticking. Hey, if you like to leave a little residue on your shovel, don’t take this advice. All I know is that my tool shed smells better and I can fling poop a full 20 feet farther with a spray of Fluid Film. I’ve got the blue ribbon to prove it.

If you’re being chased by a bear in the woods, spray a heavy coat of Fluid Film behind you and run like crazy while screaming at the top of your lungs for help. Fluid Film is so slick it might slow him down and give you a chance to escape.

To keep squirrels from getting to your birdfeeders, spray Fluid Film on poles or chains around your feeder, then set up a video camera to catch them falling off. Makes a great Christmas video.

If your head gets stuck in the railing of a fence, spray Fluid Film liberally around head and ears, then have three people pull hard from the opposite side of fence. Once out, go home and stick head in toilet to clean.

If your head gets stuck in a toilet, spray Fluid Film liberally around head and ears and have three people pull hard to get you out. Go take I.Q. test. You may be able to collect benefits.

If you have bad water pressure in RV toilet, coat with Fluid Film. Works as a great release agent, like on shovels. Use before sticking head in toilet.

If your snow saucer isn’t flying down the hill fast enough, spray underside liberally with Fluid Film. Be prepared for much screaming and hospital bills.

If you want to keep your fishing gear from freezing to your tackle box during ice-fishing, spray it down with Fluid Film. If you want to keep your partner from catching any fish, spray Fluid Film on the underside of his shoes. Set up video camera to catch him falling. Makes a great Christmas video.

To keep graffiti from sticking to metal, spray with Fluid Film. Just wipe off after tagging. To keep taggers from spraying graffiti, move to Siberia.

If you get your toe stuck in the bathtub faucet, spray Fluid Film into faucet and pull out. If someone else gets their toe stuck in the bathtub faucet, get the video camera and film. Makes a great Christmas video.

:dizzy: :dizzy:

9. Restrorob

Good Stuff Dano, Maybe you should do some stand-up.....But DON'T spray fluid film on the bottom of your shoes. :dizzy: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. Dano50

And my wife just says I look funny... ;)