1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Honda hrc216hxa driven me nuts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rootytalbot, May 7, 2013.

1. rootytalbot

rootytalbot LawnSite Senior Member

This is second year with this mower. I use it for some steep stuff mostly. But, it does not matter if I am on level ground or hillside, it always leaves blades of grass here and there. It does this on dry grass. I put new blades on it and it did not help.

I use the mulch plug mainly.

I have noticed that it does much better with the bag on it, but that slows me way down. And I noticed that it does much better when I set the deck below 3", but I am cutting fescue mostly fescue and try to stay at 3 or better.

I read somewhere that the the deck lost its vacuum power when it was raised above 3" - but if that is true then its not very useful.

I'm tired of having to walk all the place to trim ONE blade of grass. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?
  2. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

I read somewhere that Hnda had a modification available that fixed this problem by essentially doing away with the extra blade. Irony.
  3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

guys on here have talked about raising the rpms on their hrc mowers and only using one blade. they cut off that extra mulching blade and just keep a box section where the bolts go.
  4. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

Thanks for the good info, Robert ;)

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

good info. I have an HRC216 with 2 blades and one with one 1 blade. They both cut awesome. I don't have the spacer on either I never knew about until now thanks.
  6. cms_

cms_ LawnSite Member

Great to know.