1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Honda HRX 217 help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MDLawnman, Oct 22, 2012.

1. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

I have a Honda HRX 217 that locks up the rear wheels and will not roll backwards. Oh it goes forward just fine, but I have to drag the mower backwards, wheels locked, in order to change direction. Let me tell you that this gets old really quick.

I have had the machine to the dealer, and to another mechanic, paid both bills & I STILL have the problem. Neither mechanic has found the problem and they both said that they fixed it.

If I rock the mower front to back the wheels will lock up going backwards after a few moments of rocking it. Sometimes if I lift the rear wheels off of the ground and let them drop the wheels will free up, but not every time.

It's not the cable to the transmission that I can tell, I've adjusted that every possible way.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone suggest a possible fix?

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

3. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

Many thanks Dutch. I hope that fixes it.

I've never been very lucky with the search feature here. I'm certainly glad that someone knows how to use it!

Thanks again!