1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Honda HRX Blade Sharpening

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by antelope113, Apr 29, 2007.

1. antelope113

antelope113 LawnSite Member
    from 01473

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Unless they have changed something the hondas usually use 2 blades. They are seperate. So its just like any other blade to sharpen.

I have seen some really funky ones that have 4 blades on a single piece of steel. I think I told him to take that POS back where he bought it or get a new blade.
  3. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I'm getting tired of all the blade configurations. Seems to me all it does is weaken the already thin blades. I think the old standard strait high lift blades are the best.
  4. antelope113

antelope113 LawnSite Member
    from 01473

Yeah, this one is 2 pieces off one steel... seems pointless to me, but I never ran into a blade like these before. Guess we'll see where it goes..
  5. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

What a crock. That system is no better than the other double blade system we already know about. And it might be worse.
  6. Jay74

Jay74 LawnSite Member

It's the same twin blade setup. Unbolt the blades, sharpen, balance, and install the blades.