Honda HRX217HXA- Good Used Price?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by tallguylehigh, Jul 2, 2008.

1. tallguylehigh

tallguylehigh LawnSite Member

I saw that it has been discussed here in a couple of threads and from what I have read it sounds like it is a pretty quality motor, although there might be an issue with it mulching grass?

Anyway, I have an opportunity to pick up a used HRX217HXA thats about 2 years old for less than $250.

Is this a good deal? I know new they are pretty expensive but I just want to know if it is a good value for a homeowner.

Thanks! :waving:

2. Steve V.

Steve V. LawnSite Member

That mower was right around $700 new I believe. Consumer reports in their May '06 issue rated it number one in it's class. If it's in good shape and was properly maintained it sounds good to me. I would check the air filter and oil/oil level to try and get an idea of how it was kept. Is it from a homeowner or a pro? I would imagine a homeowner would have used it quite a bit less but you never know. I have a Honda that I bought in 1984 and it still works great. I also have a newer one and it's o.k. also (I like the older one better). If you give me an email address I can send you a copy of the article.

Steve

3. tallguylehigh

Thanks for the input, I will check both the air filter and the oil/oil level.

The mower is from a homeowner, so while the usage is probably less, the maintenance may be less as well which is what I want to keep an eye on.

Also, you got PM.

EDIT: uhhhhhh, can you PM?

4. Steve V.

Steve V. LawnSite Member

You have to be a member for 10 days and have 10 posts to get PM privileges I believe.

Steve

5. tallguylehigh

Ah, gotcha, well in a couple of days and in a couple of posts I will PM ya. :laugh: